Sunday, January 1, 2017

(REVIEW) Cosrx One Step Pimple Clear Pad

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well and had an eventful New Year's Day. So, after about more than a year of debating when to restart my blog it's finally happening. I really hope that I'm able to resume activity here on the blog with a steady and constant schedule. Cosrx is a brand that is relatively popular and the Cosrx One Step Pimple Clear Pad is one of the products in the Korean blogging platform that is the most reviewed. This product retails for 25,000₩ or at a considerably lesser amount during sales.

DESCRIPTION

(From Packaging): One Step Pimple Clear Pad is designed to wipe away excess dirt, oil and purify clogged pores with exfoliating pre-moistened pads. (70 pads)

►THE BREAKDOWN

Just last year I became interested in exfoliators but I could never actually commit to using an entire container until I tried these. This particular product doesn't actually exfoliate the skin as would an exfoliator whose ph is at 3 - 4 since its ph is only at 5. Similar to a ph adjusting toner in the sense that the ph is too high to actually exfoliate however, it is more of a prep toner for actual exfoliators. The scent is quite herbal-like and smells like what Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water and Betaine Salicylate would smell like. The scent only lingers while one is sweeping said product but once the product dries down the scent is no longer is detected. The scent isn't bothersome but if one prefers odorless products this product might not be ideal. I enjoy the ease of application the products offers. Since the product is pre-soaked and the texture of both sides of the pad are not abrasive I can use the pads twice a day without worrying about the sensitivity of my skin. The formula and the applicator are both gentle and having combination skin the product does not dry out my skin nor make my skin appear even oilier. The product dries down matte and does not feel sticky yet leaves the skin soft and moisturized. I bought two tubs hoping that I would like it and I've already finished one tub and almost half done with my second tub. For two weeks I introduced this product into my routine I didn't notice any visible skin changes. I used the one pad every day while using my first tub and I'm using two pads everyday with my current tub. I didn't notice results until I skipped using it for a day or two. Results wise it actually helped de-clog my clogged pores and minimize the appearance of my sebaceous filament. It also helped control the oil production in my t-zone and improved the texture of my skin. The product also calms and reduces the appearance and size of active pimples but does not help bring pimples to the surface. My skin looks and feels softer and clearer. I began seeing changes after the first month of consecutive use and although, I thought the product was lackluster it has become a staple in my routine. However, I noticed that I need to consistently use the product to see improvement if not my skin tends to look dull and revert back to its clogged pore appearance. In my opinion its a product that provides results and seems to a be product that is easily recommendable for all skin types as its formula is gentle yet effective.Will I repurchase? After I finish my second tub I might try a few different dupes but I'll probably end up repurchasing a third tub sooner or later. As of a few months ago Cosrx has come out with a new product similar in concept to the One Step Pimple Clear Pad. Recommended for drier skin types, One Step Moisture Up Pad, seems quite elusive but I hope to purchase it soon and try it out as well.

╍ Notable Ingredients

Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water, Betaine Salicylate, Orange Peel Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil

╍ Cautionary Ingredients 

Butylene Gycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil

╍ Ingredients ╍

Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water, Butylene Gycol, Glycerin, Betaine Salicylate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Allantoin, Arginine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Orange Peel Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Hydroxide


Overall Pros

Improves rough skin texture. 
 Helps reduce appearance of clogged pores and pimples, 
Controls oil production, Not drying nor sticky. 
Moisturizing.

Overall Cons

Scent, Pricey
As stated on the packaging, textured side is for "acne-prone areas."
Recommended to pat in product using the smooth side.

► Recommendable

Yes.
I didn't expect much from a overly hyped product however, it has reduced my clogged pores and acne. I like the ease of use as well as the gentleness and effectiveness of the formula.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, may I know where did you purchase this from in Korea? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. Click here

    ReplyDelete