Saturday, February 4, 2017

(REVIEW) Whamisa Organic Seeds OILY SCALP

I started using the Oily Scalp before the Dry Scalp and ended up liking the latter a lot more. I'm still eager to try other Whamisa hair care products since the ingredients is definitely what has interested me the most from this brand. Just like the Dry Scalp this product also retails for 32,000₩.

✦DESCRIPTION

(From Packaging): Naturally fermented organic seeds ('Source of nutrition') subacidity ph4.5) shampoo relieves scalp itching and dandruff, 27(all ingredients) natural origin ingredients help sebum secretion reduce and hair conditioning that makes your hair look healthy, clean, and glossy. (500 ML)

►THE BREAKDOWN

When I'm really stressed out my hair undoubtedly becomes dry and suddenly I have dandruff. I had hoped that this shampoo would help with the dandruff but unfortunately it did not. However, I didn't give up and keep at it until I gave up. The oily scalp has a gel-like consistency so I use less product. It creates just as much bubbles as the dry scalp shampoo. If I use enough it lathers well enough to cover hair. The oily scalp shampoo is lighter in color than the dry scalp, a light yellow. The scent is absolutely a cross of menthol and peppermint and it is most definitely a strong scent too. It is stronger than the dry scalp so it not only does it last while I'm massaging the shampoo into my hair but also hours after my shower. The scent is a lot more long-lasting than the dry scalp shampoo. Since it contains menthol, peppermint, and rosemary it leaves a tingling sensation on my scalp when I use it. The bad thing about the menthol and peppermint is that if the shampoo for some reason lands on my face before I've lathered it then it's more if a burning sensation. Although, it makes my scalp feel refreshed and clean it leaves my scalp really dry and doesn't help with my dandruff at all. The good thing about using this shampoo is that although it dries out my scalp out a bit it doesn't leave my hair coarse or as dry as it leaves my scalp. The oily scalp shampoo doesn't help with hair loss or dandruff. It also doesn't make my hair look healthy or glossy and makes it only look and feel the tiniest bit of soft. The oily scalp does make my hair feel clean but because it dries my scalp it doesn't help sebum secretion all that much. Even though the texture and ingredients are excellent the scent and results are unsatisfactory. Out of both the oily scalp and dry scalp this one is my least favorite of the two. Whamisa states that the dry scalp shampoo is "formulated without Parabens/Synthetics/Chemical Preservatives, Artificial Dyes and Fragrances, Petrochemicals, Silicon/Mineral Oils, EDTA, Animal Origin ingredients, Chemical/Sulfate Surgactant, Synthetic Viscosity Agent." If one is looking for a Korean brand shampoo without all the above ingredients this a product worth trying out, perhaps it didn't make any big impact on my hair since it is dyed and on the damaged side. Whamisa also states that they are environment friendly and against animal testing which is another reason some may find this product appealing anyways. Will I repurchase? No. The oily scalp contains apple fruit extract and salicylic acid which are supposed to exfoliate but I just didn't see it so I'm tempted to try it one last time. But of course not any time soon.

╍ Notable Ingredients ╍

Hordeum Vulgare Seed Extract,
Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Hazel Seed Oil,
Camelia Japonica Seed Oil, Ginger Root Ferment Filtrate,
Onion Bulb Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Salicylic Acid,
Rosemary Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil

╍ Cautionary Ingredients ╍

Fragrance

╍ Full Ingredients ╍

*Hordeum Vulgare Seed Extract(60.2%), **Palm Kernel/Coco Glucoside, **Decyl Glucoside, **Lauryl Extract(5%), *Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract(2%), *Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil(1%), *Alcohol(1%),*Camelia Japonica Seed Oil(0.5%), **Caprylic/Capric Trigluceride, *Lactobacillus/Rice Ferment Filtrate (0.2%), *Lactobacillus/Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Fement Filtrate (0.2%), *Lactobacillus/Gucine Soja (Soybean) Ferment Filtrate(0.1%), *Lactobacillus/Phaseolus Radiatus Seed Ferment Filtrate(0.2%),*Lactobacillus/Ginger Root Ferment Filtrate, *Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract(0.1%), Lactobacillus/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Ferment Filtrate(0.1%), ***Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, **Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Acorus Calamus Root Extract, **Menthol, ***Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, **Salicylic Acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Oil, **Fragrance, Anemarrhena Asphodeloides Root/Stem [NOTE TO WHAT THE */**/***'s MEAN](*Certified Organically Grown **Natural Origin ***Natural Preservative)
Anemarrhena Asphodeloides Root/Stem Floating Around the Bottle.

SWATCHES

DRY SCALP ON THE LEFT & OILY SCALP ON THE RIGHT.



Overall Pros ▬

pH(4.5), Mixed with water has a pH6.
Doesn't leave hair coarse.
Cleanses and rinses off well.

Overall Cons ▬

No significant long-lasting results.
Doesn't help with hair loss or dandruff.
Doesn't make hair look glossy.
Leaves scalp dry.
Strong minty fragrance.
Expensive.

► Recommend

No.
My expectations were absurdly high for both the oily scalp and dry scalp but read those ingredients and you'll think the same. Out of both shampoos this was my least favorite and maybe it's because and not fond of minty scents. I had less results with this shampoo but again someone may find it appealing to try out because although it didn't do much it didn't destroy my hair. Maybe my scalp was to dry to be saved so there's that.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. Best Dry Scalp Shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is really irritating. A good web site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this web-site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    brown rice without arsenic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site Made in the USA stores

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.
    Seed Company

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one for discussing the knowledge. I recently uncovered the info tremendously valuable.Best SEO Expert In Bangladeh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dry Scalp and hair loss can be a common cause of hair loss. When the scalp lacks moisture, it can become itchy, flaky, and prone to irritation. This can disrupt the hair growth cycle and lead to increased hair shedding. Proper hydration, gentle hair care practices, and addressing any underlying scalp conditions can help alleviate dryness and minimize hair loss.

    ReplyDelete