Thursday, February 2, 2017

(REVIEW) Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum 2X ESSENTIAL

I've tried a few Skinfood products and it is a solid brand so I was finally ready to try out their hyped Black Sugar Perfect First Serum. Skinfood has upgraded their Black Sugar Perfect First Serum to include two types the Essential and Light versions. I have bought both and I'm currently trying out the Light hoping for better results. This product retails for 24,000₩.

✦DESCRIPTION

(From Packaging): Achieve a smoother, clearer complexion with a combination of moisture rich black sugar and Cheongju, a traditional Korean Wine. (120ML)

►THE BREAKDOWN

I've been using the Essential version for more than 2 months and actually really enjoy the product. The product comes with cotton pads that I unfortunately haven't tried out yet since I'm trying to use up my other cotton pads. The product is housed in a glass bottle and the bottle doesn't over dispense product. The texture is watery and the color is clear. As for the scent it has a sweet alcohol scent to it. As the name suggests this product is meant to be used right after cleansing since it is a first serum. I sometimes use it before my toner or after my toner, especially if I'm using a first essence. I tend to layer my products from thin to thickest texture. The product isn't sticky itself and when applied leaves my skin incredibly soft and supple. However, once patted into the skin I find it a little sticky but not unbearable. After using it for the two months I noticed that when I didn't use it my skin didn't feel as soft or moisturized as when I did use it. Layering this product under my other hydrating layers is a definite must as my skin feels and looks absolutely times more smooth and supple. I've been using other brightening products so I can't comment that this product was the sole reason for brightening my complexion but because of the ingredients I'm certain that the product played a part in brightening my face. I did notice that it has very minimally helped the appearance of pimples. It has also has slightly helped some of my redness but not as much as I had expected or wanted it to. It doesn't help much with excess sebum but it doesn't make it overproduce either. Perhaps if I use the exfoliating cotton pads I might notice it helping sebum production. Overall I find the product works best for moisturizing my skin and prepping it for makeup. Although, the scent is a little strong it isn't bothersome but it might be for those sensitive to fragrances and sensitive to fruit extracts. On my dry sometimes combination skin I found it gentle and very hydrating. Will I repurchase? No, I really liked it but I'm always open to trying new products. And I also have the LIGHT version to try out so that one may fair better. I think it's very hydrating and if I can't find a product to replace in the near future then I might consider repurchasing it but for now nope.

╍ Notable Ingredients ╍

Niacinamide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, 
Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

╍ Cautionary Ingredients ╍

Alcohol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, 
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycolic Acid, Salicyclic Acid
Fragrance

╍ Full Ingredients ╍ 

Water, Black Sugar Extract, Alcohol, Glycerin, Butylene Gycol, Niacinamide, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Arginine, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactobacillus/Aspergillus/Prunus Mume Fruit Ferment Extract, Lepidium Meyenii Root Extract, Sarcodon Aspratus Extract, Rice Ferment Filtrate, Glycolic Acid, Hizikia Fusiforme Extract, Maackia Fauriei Stem Extract, Salicyclic Acid, Adenosine, Sucrose, Glucose, Disodium EDTA, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate Filtrate, Citric Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, 1,1-Hexandiol, Caprylyl Gycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel, Fragrance.

SWATCHES

Overall Pros ▬

Very moisturizing and hydrating,
Watery Texture,
Leaves skin smooth and supple.
Fruit extracts.
Minimal Brightening.

Overall Cons ▬

A little sticky,
Strong sweet alcohol scent.
Fruit extracts.

► Recommend

No. 
The product itself is quite good it offers the skin tons of hydration and moisturizing benefits and some brightening. I didn't notice any exfoliation but it does contain products that are in exfoliating products. It doesn't help sebum production but minimally helps appearance of pimples and redness. It contains ingredients that soothe the skin so it is quite gentle but the scent may not be ideal for those sensitive to fragrance. It is a standard  product that performs like many other products out there so it is not a must have unless the ingredients and benefits are appealing enough to the individual.

0 comments:

Post a Comment